Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Thank you for the day.



I took my steps, I wasn't sure
did she mean those words?
But soon after, I realized
It was a different world
She kept her vow, I wonder how;
indeed she was a free bird.
I was overjoyed, But to the world
It might seem absurd.

She came down with her usual bag
sporting the ever gorgeous black
zones of comfort to the scorching heat
with a smile I did greet
Hot, I thought to me; her or the sun?
besides me, we were on the run
‘Throttling through’ needs some fine art?
we reached, it was about to start.


I ve been there not once but twice
Even for the third it seemed so nice,
Every moment of his torture and blood
"Sensitive" I opined, tears she shed;
"Empty chairs" I said and the silver screen
At break we bought corn and coffee cream
We decided to count what we took between us
In the end we made a complete mess.

Sunshine again and I asked for a pretty click
Shy she felt but she demanded quick
"Fine" I said, But She thought otherwise
She offered again for a compromise
It led to the lake on the other side
Azure swirls, thrilled by the swift ride
She walked twice across the fountains nearby
She stood, the background clear blue sky


She badly wanted, the place of "All knowing"
above the city through the narrow lanes
The white marbles, made to feel like a thug
Enjoying the evening breeze through the windowpane
Lost Direction, Eventually reached the second home
The silver moon rose but the day did not end
The bride was yet to be seen, we went for the stars
Exclusively thrown out, center stage, I felt bizarre

The one before us was keen on the sizzling attraction
She commented and I believed to be a distraction
I could sense the atmosphere, pretense and intense
She was sure "I would enjoy the first experience"
Did I? I loved it. Was it her or the curvaceous women?
It was the unending conversations, every now and then
The clock was an hour away from striking twelve
Freeze, I wished, immersed in the sublime spell.

Plans but it ended up with pasta, milk and capsicum
Someday, Sometime, She wanted us to come home
The beauty of life, ambiguity, I ask “will it ever happen?”
No answers, I wish it would, again and again
Anything, anywhere, anytime, for her I owe
For her kind act and her pristine love
Thanks a lot,the dear would soon depart,
Thanking you from my heart, to me it means a lot.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ram

    This one is ingenious... Because it is but raw emotions and candid confessions. The zest of life is in the spirit of youth.

    Keep posting
    Sangeetha

    ReplyDelete